Thursday, April 5, 2007

My new suit

That title gave everything away. I got a new suit today. The process of finding a suit was not very fun for me...but at the same time, it was super. Granted, I was pleased the sun decided to shine on my venture...but it was colder than I had expected this morning so I took the T. It was crowded and stuffy and basically the green line during rush-hour. But I did make it to Filene's Basement without too much trouble. Note to self and others - try never to go there again with a backpack. I hit too many people with it and spent a great deal of time apologizing. Anyway, enough with all the bad stuff. I walked into the suit section and realized why they print on their bags "I just got a bargain!" Lots of great suits for less! I grabbed about 4, which turned out to be a lot to carry, and a couple shirts to try them on with. The first 3 I tried on had those old-lady-up-over-the-bellybutton waists which I am not really a fan of. It was also VERY hot in there. I wanted to try on swimming suits and not business suits. In the end, the first suit I grabbed off the rack first was the one I ended up with. It is perfect! Seersucker, navy pinstripes, good waist on the pant - a very comfortable combo. AND it was 25% off. Sold! Well, it wasn't sold yet, but the lady who rang it up was also very excited about my purchase, commenting on what a good looking suit it was, and so versatile, just change the shoes or don't wear the jacket, etc. She was a fan. I am too.

No comments: