Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Thinking...

With the tragedy in VA yesterday I wanted to write something, but words at this point are meaningless...at least mine are. My prayers do go out to all who have been hit by this senseless violence. Even while deeply saddened that something like this could happen, it makes me realize how amazing people can be in times of trial. Stories of heroism, quick thinking, sacrifice leave me wondering what I would do if put to the test. There is no way to know. But to think that the same person who might cut you off on the highway could be the kind of person who would help you out a window to safety...or the same faculty member with whom you had a disagreement might barricade a door and give up his/her own life to save a classroom of students. Human beings can be capable of poor judgement, cynical thinking, or horrendous acts such as this shooting, but human beings can also be great in moments when greatness is needed most. God Bless VT.

No comments: