Monday, April 2, 2007

Opening Day!

"You always get a special kick on opening day, no matter how many you go through. You look forward to it like a birthday party when you're a kid. You think something wonderful is going to happen." - Joe DiMaggio


It is true. As we finished up with our last patient today around 4:30, some of the staff had come into the gym to work out and turned the game on. Just hearing the sounds in the background made me remember spring and summer and early fall. I have to settle for Red Sox games here in Beantown... but I am a baseball fan first and it was exciting. It was cold and raw as I walked around North Station and smelled Half-Time Pizza, so I hopped on the shuttle and the driver had the game on over the speakers. I got a shiver down my spine when the royals scored 2 runs on a double in the corner - really, a shiver due to excitement, not cold. And the Yankees won. :) If you can't tell from this post, I am a huge baseball fan. My entire family plays baseball, except my mom. My brother Ben (22) plays for Franklin Pierce in NH - they went to the DII world series last year. Jon (19) is at the Naval Academy Prep School playing ball and will play at Annapolis next year. Lydia (17) and Kitty (16) both played tball and will play wiffleball with us all summer long, and CJ (12 - almost 13) plays babe ruth and is trying out for his Jr High team even though he is just in 6th grade. I played little league and babe ruth - i made the sr league team too but someone didn't give me the message until a couple months late. Hmmm. Then I switched over and played softball in college. It was just DIII, but it was fun.



I am also very pleased that I finished filling out the midterm section of my clinical performance instrument (that 24 point self evaluation that we're supposed to compare with our CI at midpoint in our clinicals.) Which brings up that we are actually at half-way this weekend. I do not feel as if it has been that long, the time is flying by and it is a bit scary. I am sure around week 7 it will seem very long, but for now I am racing, trying to keep my feet under me as things speed past or around or something like that.

No comments: