Tuesday, April 3, 2007

No more observation!

First of all, I miss my CI. She's been at RIC for a course on Amputees and Prosthetics since Thursday and will be back tomorrow. The clinic schedules out a month in advance, so in March they fill April. I guess they didn't plan ahead for me to take over her schedule and so I was put with other therapists in the clinic for Thursday, Friday, Monday and Tuesday (today)... This is not to say they aren't great therapists. I saw lots of stuff - the Locomat, pressure mapping for w/c seating, different methods of w/c control, I did a new CVA eval, helped with lots of patients for gait or the standing frame... but... I did a lot of observation. Which at first was great. It is always good to see other therapists and their styles. But it got pretty boring. I am very excited to start my caseload again! Hopefully I'll have 4-5 treats, an eval and a discharge. Also, my CI and I are going to help out with a pump trial...baclofen for increased tone I think.

Today I also participated in my first live draft for fantasy baseball. It was fun because a few guys from college set it up and I got to talk to them in the draft chat room while we were picking our players. My 12y/o brother (Christian) helped me figure out who I wanted to snag in the first few rounds. Actually, he gave me a list of the top 10-15 players for each position. I wanted him to be my co-owner since I get busy and forget to look at stuff, and he knows baseball better than I do, but he didn't want to do it... So, I had to settle for second best. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

dosko! i, unlike you, do not miss my ci, which my parents have humorously named "the personality police" due to the fact that her "i went to a special ci class and i am a pt at mgh so i think i'm hot shit" feedback on my midterm included the ever-famous i am "too happy" and the brand new "you unnecessarily exaggerate your facial expressions". talk about learning how to be a pt at one of the best teaching hospitals in the world. cracks me up. can't wait to give you all the "my personality is too much personality" details. updates after my meeting with donna tomorrow. miss you!!!!!! - Nicole